I have been passionate about osteopathy ever since it came into my life. In my late teens, an osteopath helped me to recover from chronic low back pain and the depression that so often accompanies it. He soon became my friend and mentor. When I finally accepted that I was not about to become a rock star, it was his seemingly limitless enthusiasm for his vocation that inspired me to study osteopathy. Though I knew relatively little about osteopathy when I started at the British School of Osteopathy in 1999, within the first week I knew I had found something that would continue to be a source of inspiration for the rest of my life.
My practice is varied and I have always been interested in treating people of all ages. In order to further my understanding of how osteopathy can help children, I studied and later taught paediatric osteopathy at the Osteopathic Centre for Children, where I worked for a total of nine years. I believe that osteopathy can help with much more than back and joint pain and I have a strong interest in visceral osteopathy. I have also completed postgraduate courses in Cranial and Classical Osteopathy.
I am a Council Member at the Institute of Osteopathy and an Assistant Tutor for the Sutherland Cranial College of Osteopathy. I enjoy giving talks about osteopathy to community and parents’ groups, doctors, health visitors, midwives and other healthcare professionals. If you have a group that would like to learn more about osteopathy, feel free to get in touch.
- Bachelor of Osteopathy degree from the British School of Osteopathy (2004)
- MSc in Paediatric Osteopathy from the Foundation for Paediatric Osteopathy (2006)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice from the University of Bedfordshire (2009)
- Diploma in Classical Osteopathy from the Institute of Classical Osteopathy (2010)
- Practical Osteopathic Skills Tutor at the British School of Osteopathy (2008-2013)
- MSc Portfolio Supervisor at the Foundation for Paediatric Osteopathy (2007-2009)
- Clinical Tutor at the Foundation for Paediatric Osteopathy (2011-2013)
- Guest lecturer at the Institute of Classical Osteopathy (since 2010)
- Assistant Tutor at the Sutherland Cranial College of Osteopathy (since 2012)